Pumice stones can be disinfected by either boiling them in water or by soaking them in a bleach solution.
How To Disinfect A Pumice Stone
A pumice stone is a porous, volcanic rock that is used as an abrasive agent in beauty treatments. Pumice stones can become contaminated with bacteria, fungus, and other microorganisms, which can cause skin infections. To disinfect a pumice stone, you can use a 10% bleach solution or a vinegar solution. Soak the pumice stone in the bleach or vinegar solution for 10 minutes, then rinse it with water.
-Pumice stone -Cleaning solution -Water -Bowl or basin -Paper towel
- Dip in isopropyl alcohol wipe off excess alcohol let dry
- Wash hands and pumice stone with soap and water
- Rinse off soap
– Soak the pumice stone in a disinfectant or bleach solution for at least 10 minutes. – Let the pumice stone air dry completely. – Store the pumice stone in a clean, dry place.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Do You Clean Pumice Stones With?
You can clean pumice stones with a mild soap and water.
Do Pumice Stones Hold Bacteria?
There is some research that suggests pumice stones may be a breeding ground for bacteria, as they can be difficult to clean and often go uncleaned. However, there is also research that suggests pumice stones are a safe and effective way to exfoliate the skin, and that they do not hold bacteria. More research is needed to determine whether pumice stones are a safe or effective way to exfoliate the skin, and whether they hold bacteria.
Can You Use Peroxide On A Pumice Stone?
No, you should not use peroxide on a pumice stone.
Disinfecting a pumice stone is easy. Just soak the stone in a bleach solution for 10 minutes, then rinse it off with water.